Monday, August 17, 2009

Vanagon capitol of the world?

I'm in Port Townsend this week, taking care of a project for work. I'm quite amazed by the number of Volkswagen Vanagons in this town... a veritable plethora of Westfalias, Weekenders, Synchros and regular passenger vans... some in colors I've never seen before. I have no idea if this is a tourist season phenomenon or not, but I can't seem to travel a single block without passing at least 3 or 4 Volkswagen vans! Very cool. I'll bet some of them are fellow van dwellers.

While here fo
r work, I'm being put up at the Water Street Hotel. I highly recommend it- quaint seaside historic hotel, reasonable rates; feels like you've gone back in time. Several of the rooms are large suites- even with lofts in some cases- making them ideal for a full family or group outing.

No comments:

About Me

I go by the name of Myst. Addicted to freedom & somewhat of a nomad at heart, I hail originally from Seattle, WA and currently spend most of my time splashing around & about Washington State's magical Olympic Peninsula...

About My Van

Appa the Wonder Yak is a pale yellow 1981 Volkswagen Westfalia camper van. She's been converted from air-cooled to water-cooled and runs on a Mazda RX-7 B13 Rotary engine. She enjoys ramblings along forest roads, has a large appetite for motor oil & is particularly proud of her environmentalist bumper stickers...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Email Me

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to email me at nomadvan@gmail.com...

Translator

i luuuuuuv presents

Nomad Van store at Amazon.com

  © Myst 2009

Back to TOP